U6 to U10 Stonebridge soccer registration
***registration is now closed ****
Outdoor Season, May-June 2017
Registration will be online, Feb 27th to March 10th
- What are the age groups, prices, and nights of play?
Note that Saskatoon Youth Soccer Inc (SYSI) schedules the games for U6-U10, and Stonebridge CA does not have control over the schedule.
Outdoor Age Groups:
- Under 4 —- Born 2013 & 2014 (Kinder Soccer – click here)
- Under 6 —- Born 2011 & 2012
- Under 7 —- Born 2010
- Under 8 —- Born 2009
- Under 10 — Born 2007 & 2008
Outdoor Season Info:
- Kinder soccer: click here
- Under-6: Coed (3v3): May 1 to end of June: 8 games on Mondays & Tuesdays with the possibility of some Fridays on lined natural grass City of Saskatoon green spaces.
- Cost: $75
- Under-7: (4v4 incl. keeper): May 1 to end of June: 8 games on Wednesdays & Thursdays with the possibility of some Fridays on lined natural grass City of Saskatoon green spaces.
- Cost: $75
- Under-8: (4v4 incl. keeper): May 1 to end of June: 8 games on Wednesdays & Thursdays with the possibility of some Fridays on lined natural grass City of Saskatoon green spaces.
- Cost: $75
- Under-10: (5v5 incl. keeper): May 1 to end of June: 8 games on lined natural grass green spaces. Boys play Mondays & Wednesdays and Girls play Tuesdays & Thursdays. All teams have the possibility of some Friday games.
- Cost: $85
- Under-8 Development League (OFFERED BY EASTSIDE SOCCER): For additional information on the Under-8 Development League click here.
- Under-10 Development League (OFFERED BY EASTSIDE SOCCER): For additional information on the Under-10 Development League click here.
*No underage players (ie. Born after 2012) are permitted in Under-6
Nights of play and number of players in games are subject to change. Any practices will be at the discretion of the team’s coach and will be scheduled by the coach.
Mini FOS tournament (U6 to U10 teams): June 9-11 at SaskTel Sports Centre
Tim Hortons Jamboree (U6 only): Sun, June 25th at SaskTel Sports Centre
Under-10 Dutch Style Player Jamboree (U10 only): Sat, June 24th at SaskTel Sports Centre
- When is soccer registration for Stonebridge Community Association?
February 27, 2017 to March 10, 2017
- How do I register?
Under-6 to Under-10 registration is on the *new* Goalline page, here (registration form will be activated February 27th)
Kinder Soccer registration is on our SI Play website, here
- Why the switch to GoalLine for U6 to U10?
The Saskatchewan Soccer Association is requiring that all players and team personnel must be registered through the SSA’s GoalLine system. Rather than get all the players and team personnel (coaches) to register twice, the SCA has decided to migrate U6 to U10 soccer registration to the GoalLine system. Kinder soccer is not administered through the SSA, so that registration is still handled on our SI Play site.
- How do I pay for soccer?
Paying online is strongly encouraged. Alternatively, you can mail a cheque payable to the Stonebridge Community Association to:
Stonebridge Community Association
PO Box 23085
Saskatoon, SK S7J 5H3
Cheques must be received by March 20, 2017. Late payment is subject to a $15 late payment fee, or may result in losing your child’s name and place on the team.
- My child is small/inexperienced. Can they play down a level?
No, this is not permitted by Saskatoon Youth Soccer. Note that SYSI considers U6-U10 to be non-competitive. Scores are not kept during games.
- Will U7 be co-ed or will there be a boys/girls team only? How about U8 and U10?
This depends on the number of players who register, both in Stonebridge and the surrounding neighbourhoods (that our teams will play against).
If we do not get enough players to form a team at all for a particular division, we will be in contact with other nearby community associations to try to find spots for the registered players.
- What equipment do I need?
An official “soccer kit” includes a jersey, shorts, socks and shin-guards. Players may wear running shoes or cleats for footwear. Team jerseys will be provided to wear during the games; U6 jerseys are provided by Tim Hortons and therefore will belong to the player forever, but U7 to U10 teams will return their jerseys to the coach at the end of the season. Players are responsible for their own shorts, socks, shin-guards and footwear.
- Can I coach? What training do I need to coach?
Yes! We are always in need of coaches. In fact, if a parent on your child’s team does not step up to coach, we will not be able to register the team with SYSI and therefore will have to cancel and refund those registrations.
Coaching training info here.
SYSI also provides lesson plans, drills and activity ideas on their website here.
- If I decide to volunteer to coach, do I have to pay for the coach training?
Stonebridge Community Association will pay for any extra training costs that are incurred.
- Is there an in-person registration night?
Registration will be online only.
- Do I need to buy a new membership?
Stonebridge Community Association memberships run from July 1st to June 30th every year. You will need a new membership if you have not purchased one since July 1st of 2016. Memberships can be purchased online at time of registration.
- Can I register late?
If there is room on a team after March 10th, you may be able to register late by contacting Stonebridge.email@example.com. Late registrations are subject to a $15 late registration fee.
- Why is registration so early?
Saskatoon Youth Soccer requires teams to be submitted by March 20th.
- Are spots limited?
We do not have a limit for on-time registrations (except for the kindersoccer program, which has limited spots available). If we don’t get enough coaches to volunteer, some players will not be able to play and will be refunded.
- Can I make friend requests when registering?
Yes, you may request up to two friends for your child to play with. Head coaches may request more than two friends. Please realize that there are a lot of factors that go into forming teams, so these requests are not guaranteed.
- Can I get a refund?
You may request a refund prior to March 20th. Refunds are subject to a $15 administration fee. After March 20th, we are not able to issue refunds.
- When will I get team information?
Your coach should email you by mid-April. If you don’t receive an email by April 20th, email your soccer coordinator.
- I still have questions – who do I contact?
Kinder soccer – firstname.lastname@example.org
U6 to U10 – email@example.com